Monday, August 3, 2009

A Comment on Teenage Obesity WebQuest, By Heather Campos

http://questgarden.com/85/62/7/090729083056



Heather's WebQuest is very well organized and thoroghly planned out. By breaking her students into groups, and assigning each person a specific job, she is recreating a real-world colaborative project. The topic she has chosen is current and effecting many students in today's world. By having students make a final presentation and written diet/exercise plan will help students struggling with weight develop a way to change their life. Heather has created a incredable student pages, but is still working up her teacher pages. She will have a well rounded WebQuest apon completing this portion of the website.

Her exact expectations of her students are clearly outlined; no student should have a question about their specific roll, or the overall goals of the project. One thing that makes these sites more interactive is to imbed the URL links in the photographs or within texts. While I was exploring her site, I kept trying to click on her pictures, so that is one area I might explore further.

However, I did enjoy her breakdown of the points values on the evaluation page. It lets students know, again, exactly whats expected of them and what their levels of effort will get them grade wise. I think for my own WebQuest, I would 'borrow' some of her levels of evaluation, my grading rubric could be flushed out a little more after reading Heather's evaluation page. Generally, I really enjoyed exploring her WebQuest.

No comments:

Post a Comment