http://questgarden.com/85/81/3/090801195942/index.htm
Katie Swanson's WebQuest is very welcoming and is a great activity for Spanish students. I think the students will love to make a travel blog and be challenged by blogging in Spanish. There a links to help students find information about the different countries and ideas for different topics for students to include in their blogs. The expectations for each blogpost is very clearly described, while working in pairs is an interesting idea for this online activity. I think partnering up will help student brainstorm ideas for travel. Although the student pages are well developed, Katie is still working on developing her teacher pages, but I think she is well on her way to making a great WebQuest.
A suggestion I would make is to create the links as attached to an image, or a specific word, instead of pasting the URLs directly into the WebQuest (I think it just looks cleaner). If she had included a commenting requirment for each group to comment on at least one other blog each week, would increase the class interaction. Also, some of the text is small and might be difficult to read for students who struggle with English or reading.
5 years ago

Caitlin! Thank you for your feedback on my Webquest, I really appreciate it! I didn't officially comment on yours on my blog, but I just looked at your webquest and it is quite impressive! I loved how you did your links through pictures. It looks like you put a lot of time into setting up the process page for your students. Nice job!
ReplyDelete